The Foundation is supported primarily by contributions from the Lundin Group of companies.
The Lundin Group views its commitments to corporate responsibility as a strategic advantage that enables it to both access and effectively manage business opportunities in increasingly complex environments. The Lundin Group is committed to addressing the challenge of sustainability – delivering value to its shareholders while simultaneously providing economic and social benefits to impacted communities and minimizing its environmental footprint. Specific commitments include:
- Prioritizing the health and safety of employees and proximate communities
- Meeting and, where possible, exceeding all regulatory requirements in environmental performance
- Supporting and protecting internationally recognized human rights
- Actively engaging and maintaining dialogue with a broad range of stakeholders in a spirit of transparency and good faith
- Maximizing employment and business opportunities for locally impacted communities
- Maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance and ethics
The Foundation has also partnered with Global Affairs Canada to deliver the West Africa Technical Assistance Facility which is focused on supporting the growth of agribusinesses in Ghana, Mali and Cote d'Ivoire.
The Foundation acknowledges funding from the UK's Department for International Development (DFID) to support our Turkana Catalyst Initiative through the 'Kenya Extractives Programme’ (K-EXPRO).