Our Guiding Principles
The Foundation operates across diverse geographies, each with a unique cultural and socio-economic context. The Foundation uses the following principles to guide its work:
1. Create shared value –We support initiatives which create both business value for natural resource companies and social or economic benefit to local communities.
2. Align with key stakeholder priorities – We consult closely with host governments and local communities, and align initiatives with regional development plans.
3. Innovate – We develop and support new ways to overcome seemingly intractable challenges.
5. Catalyze - We target initiatives that have the potential to unlock funding and impact at scale.
6. Sustain - We support initiatives that generate impact which can be sustained beyond decommissioning.