Our Guiding Principles
The Foundation operates across diverse geographies, each with a unique cultural and socio-economic context. The Foundation uses the following principles to guide its work:
1. Create shared value –We support initiatives which create both business value for natural resource companies and social or economic benefit to local communities.
We design and implement strategic initiatives through the provision of capacity building, targeted technical assistance and performance-based funding.
2. Align with key stakeholder priorities – We consult closely with host governments and local communities, and align initiatives with regional development plans.
3. Innovate – We develop and support new ways to overcome seemingly intractable challenges.
5. Catalyze - We target initiatives that have the potential to unlock funding and impact at scale.
6. Sustain - We support initiatives that generate impact which can be sustained beyond decommissioning.